Amazon Sprints Ahead in the Voice-Enabled Speaker Market
On Tuesday, Amazon unveiled the latest addition to its voice-enabled speaker line-up, the Echo Show. The new device will be the first one to feature a screen, enabling its users to watch videos, look at products (how convenient) and make video calls among other things. At $229.99, the Echo Show is the most expensive device in Amazon’s smart speaker line, which is no surprise given its additional features.
First derided as creepy by many people concerned about the privacy implications of having a device constantly listening in our homes, the Alexa-powered Echo family has been a big success for Amazon. The company appears to have secured a significant first-mover advantage in a market that is poised for growth with Apple reportedly planning to join the party soon. According to estimates by eMarketer, more than 70 percent of the 35.6 million Americans using a voice-enabled speaker will use an Echo device this year.
- Useful functions of the Amazon Echo 2017Useful functions of the Amazon Echo 2017
- Share of people who have heard of Amazon Echo in the U.S. 2017Share of people who have heard of Amazon Echo in the U.S. 2017
- Level of interest in the Amazon Echo in the U.S. 2017Level of interest in the Amazon Echo in the U.S. 2017
- Unique active enterprise virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021Unique active enterprise virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021
- Enterprise virtual digital assistant (VDA) market size worldwide 2015-2021Enterprise virtual digital assistant (VDA) market size worldwide 2015-2021
- Unique active virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021Unique active virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021
- Unique active consumer virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021Unique active consumer virtual digital assistants worldwide 2015-2021
- Consumer virtual digital assistant market size worldwide 2015-2021Consumer virtual digital assistant market size worldwide 2015-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl