A stagnating PC marketAnnual PC unit sales have been mostly declining over the period between 2015 and 2019, as mass-market use of smartphones grew exponentially. When PC sales began to decline, specifically desktop PC sales fell, while notebook and laptop sales have remained relatively constant with even a marginal increase in units sold. This is representative of the overall trend towards higher portability and mobile devices, such as smartphones and laptops.
PC vendors focus on gamingIn response to the stagnating market, many PC vendors are adapting by incorporating new technology into their PC design. For example, HP has put a high emphasis on device security and integrating artificial intelligence (AI) into their software solutions. Another lucrative focal point for this and other PC companies is developing high-end computers and peripherals for PC gaming. A case in point is Dell Technologies, which took a new direction for its PC design by including virtual and artificial intelligence technologies into its product line of premium devices for gaming ecosystems. Similarly, Lenovo’s response has been developing devices with integrated virtual reality headsets.
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
|Average selling price||Average selling price (constant currency)|
$49 / Month *
Prices do not include sales tax.
in one Presentation
Everything On "Personal computers (PCs)" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.
Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
Vice President, Hearst Magazines
- Information technology (IT) spending forecast worldwide from 2012 to 2020, by segment (in billion U.S. dollars)Global IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segment
- Information technology (IT) spending on hardware and devices from 2012 to 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars)IT devices total worldwide spending 2012-2020
- Global technology market spending from 2014 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)Total technology spending worldwide 2014-2019
- Global technology market size by product type from 2014 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)Global tech market size by product 2014-2019
- Global computer equipment market spending by product from 2014 to 2019 (in billion U.S. dollars)Computer equipment spending worldwide 2014-2019, by product
- Average selling price of personal computers (PCs) worldwide from 2015 to 2019, in actual and constant currency (in U.S. dollars)PCs: global ASP forecast 2015-2019
- Share of computer peripherals market worldwide by segment from 2015 to year to end June 2019Global computer peripherals market share 2015-2019, by segment
- Shipment forecast of tablets, laptops and desktop PCs worldwide from 2010 to 2023 (in million units)*Forecast: global shipment of tablets, laptops and desktop PCs 2010-2023
- Total unit shipments of personal computers (PCs) worldwide from 2006 to 2018 (in million units)Global PC unit shipments 2006-2018
- Personal computer shipments worldwide from 2009 to 2019, by quarter (in million units)Global PC shipments per quarter 2009-2019
- Personal computer unit shipments by region in 2018 and 2019 (in millions)PC unit shipments by region 2018-2019
- Global portable personal computer (PC) shipments from 2010 to 2023 (in million units)Portable PCs global shipment forecast 2010-2023
- Notebook/laptop computer unit shipments from 2016 to 2018 (in millions)Global Notebook computer unit shipments 2016-2018
- Quarterly workstation shipment figures worldwide from 2008 to 2019 (in 1,000 units)Workstation shipments worldwide 2008-2019, by quarter
- Personal computer unit shipments worldwide in 2018, by vendor (in million units)Number of PC unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2018
- Personal computer (PC) unit shipments worldwide from 2006 to 2018, by vendor (in millions)PC shipments worldwide from 2006-2018, by vendor
- Personal computer (PC) shipments worldwide by vendor from 2009 to 2019 (in million units)Quarterly PC shipments worldwide 2009-2019, by vendor
- Share of PC shipments worldwide by vendor in 2018 and 2019Vendors' market share of global PC shipments 2018 and 2019
- Quarterly market share of personal computer (PC) shipments worldwide from 2011 to 2019, by vendorVendors' quarterly market share of PC unit shipments worldwide 2011-2019
- Global market share held by the leading PC vendors from 2006 to 2018Global market share held by PC vendors 2006-2018
- Share of personal computer (PC) market revenue by vendor worldwide in 2018 and 2019PC revenue share by vendor worldwide 2018 and 2019
- Forecast unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2023 (in million units)Global tablet shipments projection 2010-2023
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 2nd quarter 2019 (in million units)Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2019, by quarter
- Tablet shipments market share by vendor worldwide from 2nd quarter 2011 to 2nd quarter 2019*Global market share held by tablet vendors 2011-2019
- Tablet shipments worldwide by operating system from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2019
- Population of internet users worldwide from 2012 to 2017, by operating system (in millions)Global number of internet users 2012-2017, by operating system
- Market share held by the leading computer (desktop/tablet/console) operating systems worldwide from January 2012 to August 2019Global market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2019, by month
- Global market share held by operating systems for desktop PCs, from January 2013 to January 2019Operating systems market share of desktop PCs 2013-2019, by month
- Market share held by the leading computer operating systems in the United States from January 2012 to April 2019Market share held by PC operating systems in the U.S. 2012-2019, by month