Saudi Aramco is the World’s Biggest Oil Producer
The massive scale of Saudi Arabia’s oil reserves is being reflected by the world’s key producers. Saudi Aramco has grown dramatically over the past decade, upping its BOE (barrels of oil + natural gas equivalents) produced per day from 9.9 million in 2003 to 12.7 million in 2013.
According to Forbes, this impressive growth can be primarily attributed to big expansions like Khurais and Manifa with each contributing over 1 million more barrels per day. Gazprom comes second with 8.1 million BOE per day, a decline on 2003.
However, this decline in Russian oil production has been reversed by Rosneft, who are strongly backed by the Russian government and manage to churn out 4.6 million barrels per day. The National Iranian Oil Company rounds off the top three, producing 6.1 million BOE per day. This an improvement on 2003 when that number was 4.9 million.
- OPEC - share of total global crude oil production 2009-2015OPEC - share of total global crude oil production 2009-2015
- Oil production percent change by country 2013Oil production percent change by country 2013
- Russian oil production by company 2014Russian oil production by company 2014
- BP's revenue 2003-2016BP's revenue 2003-2016
- BP's number of employees 2011-2016BP's number of employees 2011-2016
- Global lubricant demand 2000-2016Global lubricant demand 2000-2016
- OPEC oil price annually 1960-2017OPEC oil price annually 1960-2017
- Monthly crude oil price average for UK Brent 2016-2017Monthly crude oil price average for UK Brent 2016-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl