E-Books By The Numbers
Even though the global e-book industry is worth $8.5 billion, this still pales in comparison with print's $53.9 billion. The pace of the digital reading revolution has slackened considerably with growth plumetting to just 5 percent in 2013. Meanwhile revenue stagnated between 2012 and 2013 at just over $3 billion.
Could it be that people prefer their dusty paperbacks to the influx of electronic devices? 46 percent of American internet users only read printed books while just 6 percent read e-books exclusively. It looks like the death knell for brick and mortar book stores is still a long way off.
- Book and e-book usage in Germany 2013-2014Book and e-book usage in Germany 2013-2014
- Consumer spending on e-books in Germany 2006-2014Consumer spending on e-books in Germany 2006-2014
- Italy: females reading and downloading e-books and online books 2015, by ageItaly: females reading and downloading e-books and online books 2015, by age
- Global book publishing revenue 2015-2020Global book publishing revenue 2015-2020
- Value of the global entertainment and media market 2011-2020Value of the global entertainment and media market 2011-2020
- Sales revenue of book publishers in Sweden from 2005-2015Sales revenue of book publishers in Sweden from 2005-2015
- Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2014-2015Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2014-2015
- Digital share of global media revenue 2015, by mediumDigital share of global media revenue 2015, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl