The World's Most Generous Nations
India and the United States have the highest number of people who regularly donate to charity with 184 and 164 million respectively, according to the CAF’s World Giving Index. However, when the percentage of a country's population is measured, Myanmar comes first. When interviewed, 92 percent of people in Myanmar said they had donated money to charity during the past month while in Thailand, the figure was 87 percent. One of the main reasons for the extremely high donation rates in both countries is the high proportion of Theravada Buddhists practising Sangha Dana.
- U.S. consumer expenditure on charitable donations 2012, by categoryU.S. consumer expenditure on charitable donations 2012, by category
- Canada: total charitable donations from 1997 to 2015Canada: total charitable donations from 1997 to 2015
- Expenditure of affluent U.S. households on charitable donations 2016Expenditure of affluent U.S. households on charitable donations 2016
- Countries with the highest inflation rate 2016Countries with the highest inflation rate 2016
- Countries with the highest growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) 2016Countries with the highest growth of the gross domestic product (GDP) 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Asia Pacific in 2015, by countryGross domestic product (GDP) in Asia Pacific in 2015, by country
- Countries with the highest number of AIDS deaths 2015Countries with the highest number of AIDS deaths 2015
- Major countries based on amount of confiscated ecstasy 2014Major countries based on amount of confiscated ecstasy 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl