Working in the United States
Which U.S. Industries File Most Work Visa Applications
U.S. President Donald Trump has signed an order that could curb the flow of foreign talent to the United States. It is relatively modest in its tone but once again hammers home Trumps nativist stance of "America first". The most applications for so-called H1B visas, which are non-immigrant visas that allow U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations, are filed in the IT industries, such as computer system design and related services.
So, any tight restrictions on incoming foreign talent will negatively affect the American growth industries, for example in Silicon Valley. Restrictive visa policies could well hamper one of the biggest industrial success stories in recent U.S. history.
- Employment in the United States 2017Employment in the United States 2017
- Retail price of gasoline in the United States 1990-2016Retail price of gasoline in the United States 1990-2016
- U.S. employment to population ratio 2016, by stateU.S. employment to population ratio 2016, by state
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region March 2017China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region March 2017
- Monthly price of nickel at LME 2016-2017Monthly price of nickel at LME 2016-2017
- Passenger car production in the United States 1999-2016Passenger car production in the United States 1999-2016
- China: weekly box office revenue - April 17 to April 23, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - April 17 to April 23, 2017
- West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil price monthly 2016-2017West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil price monthly 2016-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl