General election: vote share of political parties in the UK 2017

Vote share of political parties in general election in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2017

by Daniel Clark, last edited Sep 14, 2018
General election: vote share of political parties in the UK 2017 This statistic shows the vote share of political parties in the general election in the United Kingdom in 2017. The Conservative Party had gained the greatest vote share, with 42.2 percent of all votes for the party under leadership of Theresa May. By comparison, the Labour Party had won a similarly large share of votes, with a further 40 percent of all votes for Jeremy Corbyn's party. Together, the Conservatives and the Labour Party made up 82.2 percent of all votes, with a further 7.4 percent of votes for the Liberal Democrats.
Show more

Vote share of political parties in general election in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2017

Loading statistic...
Share of votes
Conservative42.2%
Labour40%
Liberal Democrats7.4%
Scottish National Party3%
UKIP1.8%
Green Party1.6%
Democratic Unionist Party0.9%
Sinn Féin0.7%
Plaid Cymru0.5%
Share of votes
Conservative42.2%
Labour40%
Liberal Democrats7.4%
Scottish National Party3%
UKIP1.8%
Green Party1.6%
Democratic Unionist Party0.9%
Sinn Féin0.7%
Plaid Cymru0.5%
Download Settings Share
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
by Daniel Clark, last edited Sep 14, 2018
This statistic shows the vote share of political parties in the general election in the United Kingdom in 2017. The Conservative Party had gained the greatest vote share, with 42.2 percent of all votes for the party under leadership of Theresa May. By comparison, the Labour Party had won a similarly large share of votes, with a further 40 percent of all votes for Jeremy Corbyn's party. Together, the Conservatives and the Labour Party made up 82.2 percent of all votes, with a further 7.4 percent of votes for the Liberal Democrats.
Show more
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "EU membership referendum in the United Kingdom (UK)"
  • Voting outcome
The most important statistics
  • Voting intention in Brexit referendum
  • Brexit referendum: voting likelihood and referendum opinion
  • Financial forecasts
  • General public opinion and expectations
  • Public perception
  • Business perception
  • Business predictions: post-Brexit scenarios
Discover Statista
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.