Ranges, Ovens & Microwaves - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Ranges, Ovens & Microwaves
A range (or kitchen stove)—usually comprising of a stovetop with burners or hotplates and one or more ovens for baking—is an integral part of the modern-day kitchen. In 2015, average annual expenditure per consumer for cooking stoves and home owned ovens in the United States stood at 35.36 U.S. dollars.
The cooking range—together with the conventional oven—is an important product category within the market for home appliances. Shipments of gas ranges, ovens and surface cooking units in the United States for 2016 were projected to amount to 3.46 million units.
The most common heating methods used by ranges and ovens are through the use of electricity or natural gas. Other newer technologies include the use of electromagnetic induction as well as microwave ovens. Average spending for microwave ovens in the U.S. amounted to 8.67 U.S. dollars per consumer in 2015. In that same year, a total of over 11 million microwave ovens were shipped within the U.S.
Picture: photodune.net / magraphics
- Microwaves ovens U.S. unit shipments 2005-2017Microwaves ovens U.S. unit shipments 2005-2017
Total unit shipments of microwave ovens in the U.S. from 2005 to 2017 (in millions)*
- Electric ovens: unit shipments in the U.S. 2007-2017Electric ovens: unit shipments in the U.S. 2007-2017
Total unit shipments of electric ovens in the U.S. from 2007 to 2017 (in 1,000s)*
- Household cooking appliances unit shipments in the U.S. 2012-2016+Household cooking appliances unit shipments in the U.S. 2012-2016
Electric/gas cooking appliances and microwaves unit shipments in the United States from January 2012 to September 2016 (in 1,000s)
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China December 2016Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China December 2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Brand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2016, by sectorBrand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2016, by sector
- Brand value of the leading 10 apparel brands worldwide 2016Brand value of the leading 10 apparel brands worldwide 2016