B2B Marketers Choose LinkedIn Over Facebook
According to the Social Media Examiner’s latest report on social media marketing, Facebook is still the most commonly used platform among both B2B and B2C marketers. With usage levels of 96% and 88% among B2C and B2B companies, respectively, Facebook is clearly considered an important marketing tool regardless of the customer focus.
However, when asked which social channel is the single most important to them, it turns out that the majority of B2B marketers actually puts LinkedIn ahead of Facebook. 41% of the 1,000+ respondents with a B2B focus named LinkedIn as there number 1 choice, while Facebook got the nod from 30% of the surveyed B2B professionals.
Among B2C marketers it’s a different story entirely: 65% of the respondents consider Facebook the most important social network for their business, putting it miles ahead of Twitter (10%) and LinkedIn (9%) as a tool for consumer marketing.
- Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017
- KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014
- Key challenges of B2B social media marketing in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Key challenges of B2B social media marketing in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016
- Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015
- Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014
- Advertising response in North America in Q1 2013, by mediumAdvertising response in North America in Q1 2013, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens