B2B Marketers Choose LinkedIn Over Facebook
According to the Social Media Examiner’s latest report on social media marketing, Facebook is still the most commonly used platform among both B2B and B2C marketers. With usage levels of 96% and 88% among B2C and B2B companies, respectively, Facebook is clearly considered an important marketing tool regardless of the customer focus.
However, when asked which social channel is the single most important to them, it turns out that the majority of B2B marketers actually puts LinkedIn ahead of Facebook. 41% of the 1,000+ respondents with a B2B focus named LinkedIn as there number 1 choice, while Facebook got the nod from 30% of the surveyed B2B professionals.
Among B2C marketers it’s a different story entirely: 65% of the respondents consider Facebook the most important social network for their business, putting it miles ahead of Twitter (10%) and LinkedIn (9%) as a tool for consumer marketing.
- KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014
- Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017
- Social media marketing spending in the U.S. 2014-2019Social media marketing spending in the U.S. 2014-2019
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016
- Instagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile sizeInstagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile size
- Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015
- Most popular brands on Instagram 2017, by followersMost popular brands on Instagram 2017, by followers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl