Starbucks Holds More Cash Than Many Banks
Starbucks customers in the U.S. and Canada are splashing less cash at the coffee chain than ever before. That doesn't mean that they are buying fewer beverages and snacks. Rather, they are embracing the company's loyalty card (which can be loaded with money) and app. The company has 12 million loyalty members in the U.S. alone and that means that Starbucks boasts a serious amount of cash on its customer cards. Wall Street Journal data featured in Market Watch shows that Starbucks has more customer cash than many banks have in deposits.
- Number of Starbucks stores in the U.S. from 2005 to 2016Number of Starbucks stores in the U.S. from 2005 to 2016
- Revenue of Starbucks worldwide from 2003 to 2016Revenue of Starbucks worldwide from 2003 to 2016
- Cities with the largest number of Starbucks stores worldwide as of May 2014Cities with the largest number of Starbucks stores worldwide as of May 2014
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2015Quick service restaurant chains ranked by revenue worldwide in 2015
- Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015
- Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2016Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2016
- Leading coffeehouse chains worldwide 2015, by revenueLeading coffeehouse chains worldwide 2015, by revenue
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl