Millennials A Potent Election Force, But Do They Care?
For the first time in a US presidential election, Millennials are on a par with the Baby Boomer generation in terms of electorate size. With over 69 million eligible voters, those Americans aged between 18 and 34 have the potential to be a very powerful force in this election. The problem is, many of them don't seem to care. As the Statista infographic below shows, in 2012, only 46 percent of eligible Millennials turned out to the polling booths, compared to 69 percent of Baby Boomers. If they were to cast their votes, however, polls show that Clinton would profit the most with 52 percent saying they would back the Democratic candidate.
- Choice of millennials between Trump or Clinton in 2016 U.S. presidential electionChoice of millennials between Trump or Clinton in 2016 U.S. presidential election
- Likelihood of millennials voting in 2016 U.S. presidential electionLikelihood of millennials voting in 2016 U.S. presidential election
- View of millennials on 2016 U.S. presidential candidatesView of millennials on 2016 U.S. presidential candidates
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by genderHealthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by gender
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2017, by party IDHealthcare importance in U.S. 2017, by party ID
- Obama farewell speech - number of viewers in the U.S. 2017, by channelObama farewell speech - number of viewers in the U.S. 2017, by channel
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl