The Larger the Screen the Longer the Content?
Everyone who has ever tried to watch a full movie on a smartphone will probably agree that it's not the best way to see the latest blockbuster. On the other hand, a smartphone works just fine when you're watching a funny YouTube clip while commuting home from work. The point is: different devices are suited for different types of video content and a recent study by Ooyala confirms this: while only 49% of the time spent watching video on smartphones is spent with videos longer than 10 minutes, long-form video accounts for more than 80% of total video consumption on connected TVs. Interestingly, the rule is not as simple as "the larger the screen the longer the content". Tablets, which typically have smaller screens than desktop PCs, see a higher percentage of long-form video than PCs.
- Online video ads as share of total online video consumption as of March 2014Online video ads as share of total online video consumption as of March 2014
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of March 27, 2017China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of March 27, 2017
- U.S. monthly time spent on online video 2014-2016, by ageU.S. monthly time spent on online video 2014-2016, by age
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Home video market revenue in Sweden 2011-2020Home video market revenue in Sweden 2011-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl