The World's Most Crowded Cities In 2025
If you live in one of the world's busiest and most crowded cities, things are only going to get worse over the coming decade, according to an analysis conducted by Bloomberg. Major cities are set to feel more claustrophobic in line with the world's rapid population growth. Hong Kong is a prime example. Over the course of one generation, population growth will stand at 32.8 percent. Back in 1995, the city's population per square mile stood at 57,965. In 2025, that number will reach 77,000.
- Population growth in Hong Kong 2005-2015Population growth in Hong Kong 2005-2015
- Population of Hong Kong 2015Population of Hong Kong 2015
- Breakdown of population aged 15 and above in Hong Kong 2015, by genderBreakdown of population aged 15 and above in Hong Kong 2015, by gender
- Largest cargo airports worldwide by freight volume 2013-2016Largest cargo airports worldwide by freight volume 2013-2016
- China: weekly box office revenue - April 10 to April 16, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - April 10 to April 16, 2017
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. March 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. March 2017
- Monthly value of exports from China by month March 2017Monthly value of exports from China by month March 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl