Down the Drain: Wastewater with the Most Cocaine
The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction release data every year showing the levels of certain illicit drugs found in the wastewater of select European cities. Looking at cocaine, London is way in front of all other major cities analysed. On an average day, the UK capital's drains flow with almost 900mg of the drug per one thousand people.
- Frequency of cocaine use among partygoers in Flanders (Belgium) 2015Frequency of cocaine use among partygoers in Flanders (Belgium) 2015
- Cocaine use frequency in the European Union 2014Cocaine use frequency in the European Union 2014
- 30-day prevalence of cocaine use within grades 8, 10 and 12 in the U.S. 1991-201630-day prevalence of cocaine use within grades 8, 10 and 12 in the U.S. 1991-2016
- Cocaine use in the past 12 months in Europe in 2015, by countryCocaine use in the past 12 months in Europe in 2015, by country
- Death from cocaine use in England and Wales 1993-2015Death from cocaine use in England and Wales 1993-2015
- Deaths from drug overdose in the U.S. 2014 and 2015, by drug typeDeaths from drug overdose in the U.S. 2014 and 2015, by drug type
- Availability of LSD as perceived by U.S. 12th graders 1975-2016Availability of LSD as perceived by U.S. 12th graders 1975-2016
- Number of illicit drug users worldwide by drug 2010-2014Number of illicit drug users worldwide by drug 2010-2014
- Addicts and consumers of illegal drugs worldwide 1990-2014Addicts and consumers of illegal drugs worldwide 1990-2014
- Illegal drug users - Global prevalence 1990-2014Illegal drug users - Global prevalence 1990-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl