Advertising and Marketing
Don’t Go Berserk When Using Emojis ;-)
Being perceived as young and dynamic probably still is one of the most sought after brand images. One of the ways in which brands and businesses seek to appear up to date is by using so-called emojis in advertising and communications.
However, according to research by YouGov, almost 60 percent of respondents between 18 and 34 years of age, also referred to as millennials, would advise businesses to tone down the use of emojis. (Especially the young have precision radars that start going off, whenever somebody is trying to fake it by sucking up to their informal ways of communicating.)
Then again, in the age bracket from 50 to 65 years even slightly more people feel the same way. (Here it could be, that they just think it’s silly using those funny faces and icons.) The take-away lesson probably amounts to this: communicate in a way that corresponds with your overall brand image and don’t try to appear fresh by using smiley faces.
- Advertising and marketing: GVA in the UK 2008-2014, by subgroupAdvertising and marketing: GVA in the UK 2008-2014, by subgroup
- Dialogue marketing advertising expenditure in Germany 2013-2014, by segmentDialogue marketing advertising expenditure in Germany 2013-2014, by segment
- Distribution of ad and marketing communications spending in Norway 2015, by mediaDistribution of ad and marketing communications spending in Norway 2015, by media
- Global ad spend 2007-2021Global ad spend 2007-2021
- Ad spend growth worldwide 2015-2021Ad spend growth worldwide 2015-2021
- CVS Health's number of stores 2005-2016CVS Health's number of stores 2005-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl