More and More People are Betting on a Trump Impeachment
You can bet on anything nowadays, and while most gamblers still stick to sports, even the world of politics is open to those looking to place a wager. Unsurprisingly, one of the topics attracting the most attention at the moment is whether or not U.S. President Trump will be impeached.
While most bookmakers allow you to place bets on a potential impeachment, or which year the president will leave office, there is also a website which specializes in political betting. 'PredictIt' uses a share-based system in which users aim to buy low, when an event is considered unlikely, and sell high when the tide appears to be turning.
Despite reaching an all-time high of 33¢ yesterday - implying a 33% probability of the president being impeached - at the time of writing, the price for a 'yes' share is 22¢. As the infographic below shows, an increasing number of people are now trying to get in early on what could be a tidy payday should events in Washington continue to escalate. If President Trump is impeached before the end of the year, all holders of 'yes' shares will receive one dollar apiece.
- Donald Trump in one word 2015Donald Trump in one word 2015
- Confidence level among the American people in Donald Trump's political abiltiesConfidence level among the American people in Donald Trump's political abilties
- Online gambling market share worldwide 2015, by productOnline gambling market share worldwide 2015, by product
- Healthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by genderHealthcare importance in U.S. 2017 by gender
- Italy: most striking news of the week 25 March-3 April, 2017Italy: most striking news of the week 25 March-3 April, 2017
- Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022
- Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) as household income share 2022Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) as household income share 2022
- Global gambling market gross gaming yield 2001-2019Global gambling market gross gaming yield 2001-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl