Facebook Is Pushing Brands to Pay for Reach
Ever since Facebook restricted the organic reach of brands' posts to 16 percent in 2012, the world's largest social network has continued to gradually reduce the reach of unpaid branded content. By doing so, Facebook is trying to push brands towards paying for more reach of their content. Between October 2013 and February 2014, the organic reach of content posted by brands has nearly halved as our chart illustrates. According to Social@Ogilvy, the organic reach of brands' posts may soon reach zero, meaning that brands will no longer be able to reach their Facebook fans at zero cost.
- Number of Facebook users Australia 2017 by ageNumber of Facebook users Australia 2017 by age
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Facebook: share of U.S. social network advertising revenue 2013-2017Facebook: share of U.S. social network advertising revenue 2013-2017
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl