Windows 10 Sees Faster Adoption Than Its Predecessors
Three months after its release, Windows 10 adoption is slowing down. According to data published by NetMarketShare, the newest version of Microsoft’s operating system, released on July 29th, is now installed on 7.9 percent of all PCs. Windows 7, by comparison, had a market share of 7.7 percent at the same point of time. So Windows 10, the successor to the widely unpopular Windows 8, is doing very well. But considering that most people can update for free, its performance is hardly stunning.
- Microsoft's global revenue 2002-2016Microsoft's global revenue 2002-2016
- Microsoft Windows 8: number of licenses sold 2012-2014Microsoft Windows 8: number of licenses sold 2012-2014
- Microsoft: business revenue mix in 2014, by segmentMicrosoft: business revenue mix in 2014, by segment
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Unemployment rate in EU countries February 2017Unemployment rate in EU countries February 2017
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl