Mobile Share of Digital Ad Spend to Rise Sharply
Given the fact that an ever larger share of internet usage happens on mobile devices, it is no surprise that advertising dollars are shifted to mobile as well. According to a new forecast published by eMarketer, the mobile share of digital ad spend in the U.S. could increase from 12 percent in 2012 to more than 50 percent in 2017.
Search advertising is tipped to see the quickest shift to mobile. By 2017, eMarketer predicts, the mobile share of search advertising expenditure could reach 60 percent or $15.2 billion. Given these numbers, Google’s decision to develop a mobile operating system and give it away for free makes a lot of sense. After all, Android has helped Google to seamlessly carry its dominant position to the mobile marketplace as well.
- Frequent mobile internet usage in China in 2010, by activityFrequent mobile internet usage in China in 2010, by activity
- Mobile internet usage penetration in France 2011-2015, by urban area sizeMobile internet usage penetration in France 2011-2015, by urban area size
- Mobile internet usage penetration in France 2010-2015, by genderMobile internet usage penetration in France 2010-2015, by gender
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2017Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2017
- Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016
- Media advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by typeMedia advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by type
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl