Facebook's Relevance Waning Among American Teens
Just as Facebook changed its policy to let minors make public posts, Piper Jaffray published results from its extensive youth survey that indicate Facebook is no longer the most important social network to adolescents. Facebook's popularity among young Americans has been trending downwards for a while now as younger services such as Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr have been gettig more attention. Given the numbers shown in the chart above, Facebook's decision to acquire Instagram appears very smart in retrospect, as the photo sharing platform proves immensely popular with a younger audience.
- Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016
- Monthly social media user engagement worldwide 2015, by regionMonthly social media user engagement worldwide 2015, by region
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- U.S. youth unemployment rate: August 2016, seasonally adjustedU.S. youth unemployment rate: August 2016, seasonally adjusted
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl