Facebook's Relevance Waning Among American Teens
Just as Facebook changed its policy to let minors make public posts, Piper Jaffray published results from its extensive youth survey that indicate Facebook is no longer the most important social network to adolescents. Facebook's popularity among young Americans has been trending downwards for a while now as younger services such as Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr have been gettig more attention. Given the numbers shown in the chart above, Facebook's decision to acquire Instagram appears very smart in retrospect, as the photo sharing platform proves immensely popular with a younger audience.
- Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016
- UK: teens' reasons for involvement in cyber bullying on Facebook 2016UK: teens' reasons for involvement in cyber bullying on Facebook 2016
- UK: teens' views on the reasons for involvement in cyber bullying on Twitter 2016UK: teens' views on the reasons for involvement in cyber bullying on Twitter 2016
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- U.S. youth unemployment rate: February 2017, seasonally adjustedU.S. youth unemployment rate: February 2017, seasonally adjusted
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl