The Internet Won't Save U.S. Newspapers
Recently, the Newspaper Association of America published the advertising revenue of American newspapers for 2013. Unsurprisingly, the numbers are still dropping. Daily and Sunday newspapers generated 17.3 billion U.S. dollars with print ads. Thats an 8.6 percent decrease compared with the year before. Digital advertising saw a 1.5 percent upturn, reaching 3.42 billion U.S. dollars - not enough by far to close the gap with print.
- Print and online reach of newspapers in Germany 2014Print and online reach of newspapers in Germany 2014
- Newspaper online advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2003 to 2013Newspaper online advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2003 to 2013
- Print and digital newspaper ad revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Print and digital newspaper ad revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies October 10 to October 16, 2016Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies October 10 to October 16, 2016
- Price of Bitcoin monthly 2014-2016Price of Bitcoin monthly 2014-2016
- Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Magazine revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Magazine revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl