The Internet Won't Save U.S. Newspapers
Recently, the Newspaper Association of America published the advertising revenue of American newspapers for 2013. Unsurprisingly, the numbers are still dropping. Daily and Sunday newspapers generated 17.3 billion U.S. dollars with print ads. Thats an 8.6 percent decrease compared with the year before. Digital advertising saw a 1.5 percent upturn, reaching 3.42 billion U.S. dollars - not enough by far to close the gap with print.
- Print and online reach of newspapers in Germany 2014Print and online reach of newspapers in Germany 2014
- Newspaper online advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2003 to 2013Newspaper online advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2003 to 2013
- Reach of online advertising marketers in Germany January 2015Reach of online advertising marketers in Germany January 2015
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016
- Revenue of the leading U.S. sporting goods, footwear and apparel retailers 2015Revenue of the leading U.S. sporting goods, footwear and apparel retailers 2015
- Global demand for gold by purpose quarterly 2014-2016Global demand for gold by purpose quarterly 2014-2016
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2020United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens