The Internet Won't Save U.S. Newspapers
Recently, the Newspaper Association of America published the advertising revenue of American newspapers for 2013. Unsurprisingly, the numbers are still dropping. Daily and Sunday newspapers generated 17.3 billion U.S. dollars with print ads. Thats an 8.6 percent decrease compared with the year before. Digital advertising saw a 1.5 percent upturn, reaching 3.42 billion U.S. dollars - not enough by far to close the gap with print.
- Global newspaper advertising expenditure 2014-2016Global newspaper advertising expenditure 2014-2016
- Newspaper advertising revenue in the U.S. 2003-2013Newspaper advertising revenue in the U.S. 2003-2013
- Newspaper advertising expenditure in France 2007-2016Newspaper advertising expenditure in France 2007-2016
- Global demand for gold by purpose quarterly 2015-2016Global demand for gold by purpose quarterly 2015-2016
- Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015Revenue of global public internet companies 2014-2015
- Price of Bitcoin monthly 2014-2016Price of Bitcoin monthly 2014-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of April 24, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of April 24, 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens