How The Super Rich Spend Their Money
Ultra-expensive automobiles accounted for a massive slice of the global luxury goods market last year. Across the world, the super rich spent almost $438 billion on fancy cars in 2014. Personal luxury items like perfume, jewellery and clothing were the second largest market, accounting for $278 billion. The value of the world's luxury goods market has increased steadily in recent times, little surprise given the increasing number of billionaires across the globe. All in all, people splurged over $1 trillion on upmarket items throughout the year.
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2015Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2015
- Revenue of the luxury goods industry in China until 2020Revenue of the luxury goods industry in China until 2020
- Italy: goods sales CAGR of luxury goods sector in 2013 and 2014Italy: goods sales CAGR of luxury goods sector in 2013 and 2014
- Sales of the leading luxury companies worldwide 2012-2018Sales of the leading luxury companies worldwide 2012-2018
- Value of various global luxury markets 2016, by market typeValue of various global luxury markets 2016, by market type
- Value of the global personal luxury goods market 1995-2016Value of the global personal luxury goods market 1995-2016
- Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2016
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl