Connected Cars By The Numbers
Is your car connected to the Internet? In 2013, approximately 23 million vehicles around the world had embedded Internet access, offering their drivers a multitude of smart options and benefits. These include better engine controls, automatic crash notifications and safety alerts, to name just a few. Owners can also interact with their connected vehicles through apps from any distance.
Connected cars are going to become increasingly common on our roads. IHS Automotive estimates that by 2020, the market will grow sixfold to 152 million vehicles. Gartner is even more optimistic, predicting that a quarter of a billion cars on our roads will be connected by 2020. The market for smart vehicles is certainly set for takeoff and many analysts predict they could revolutionize the world of automobiles in much the same way smartphones have changed the face of telecommunications.
- Share of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015Share of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015
- Share of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015, by genderShare of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015, by gender
- Share of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015, by ageShare of individuals with internet access in the Netherlands 2012-2015, by age
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by model
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2016, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2016, by model
- Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016
- Motorcycle production in China by month July 2016Motorcycle production in China by month July 2016
- Automobile sales in China by month July 2016Automobile sales in China by month July 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens