The Countries in Range of North Korean Missiles
In the latest of a series of missile tests by North Korea, leader Kim Jong-un has expressed his "great satisfaction" over a launch towards the Sea of Japan. Described by state media as a 'surface-to-surface medium-to-long-range ballistic missile', the Pukguksong-2 is reported to have reached an altitude of about 550km (350 miles).
North Korea is hardly shy about it's nuclear ambitions, with each test leading to widespread condemnation and questions as to the country's current capability. As our infographic shows, the Council for Foreign Relations estimates the longest range missile, Taepodong-2, to have a reach of at least 6,000km meaning a strike on US soil would technically be possible.
- Global opinion on Iran and the acquisition of nuclear weapons, 2012Global opinion on Iran and the acquisition of nuclear weapons, 2012
- Attitudes to Britain’s nuclear weapons 2013 Great Britain surveyAttitudes to Britain’s nuclear weapons 2013 Great Britain survey
- Urbanization in North Korea 2015Urbanization in North Korea 2015
- Major countries in worldwide graphite production 2011-2016Major countries in worldwide graphite production 2011-2016
- Countries with the highest military spending in 2015Countries with the highest military spending in 2015
- Asia Pacific: internet penetration 2017, by countryAsia Pacific: internet penetration 2017, by country
- Leading trade partners for Chinese vehicle exports 2016, by vehicle export shareLeading trade partners for Chinese vehicle exports 2016, by vehicle export share
- Lead - major countries in mine production 2010-2016Lead - major countries in mine production 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl