Down to the wire
As the first round of French election approaches, this infographic takes a look at one of the final voting intention surveys. Following the general consensus amongst the pollsters, BVA have frontrunners Macron and Le Pen neck and neck on 24 and 23 percent respectively. A late surge from far-left candidate Mélenchon also adds to the impression that this is going to go down to the wire.
Also key is the high share of the public that still don't know how they will vote or say they may change their minds. According to BVA, 29 percent of voters remain to some degree on the fence. While this figure is coming down as the first round of voting approaches, the unpredictability factor is going to keep Europe on the edge of its seat on Sunday.
- French opinion on Marine le Pen 2016French opinion on Marine le Pen 2016
- UK voting intention on EU referendum in 2016UK voting intention on EU referendum in 2016
- UK General Election: voting intention of London adults in January 2015UK General Election: voting intention of London adults in January 2015
- YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017YTD market share of selected car manufacturers in Europe 2017
- Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - March 2017Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - March 2017
- Diesel price per liter in selected countries - March 2017Diesel price per liter in selected countries - March 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl