This statistic ranks the average monthly per-app revenue according to global app developers as of November 2015, sorted by operating system. According to the industry survey, iOS app developers earned an average of 8,100 U.S. dollars every month. The biggest earners were Windows Phone app developers with average per-app revenues of 11,400 U.S. dollars.
Welcome to Statista!
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
Our 700 employees believe that facts cause big changes and promote brilliant ideas. We want to offer you the best basis for fast and effective decisions: Learn more.
$49 / Month *
* All products require an annual contract.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
Vice President, Hearst Magazines
- Information technology (IT) spending on enterprise software worldwide, from 2009 to 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars)Enterprise software total worldwide expenditure 2009-2020
- Worldwide app revenue in 2016 and 2021, by category (in billion U.S. dollars)Global mobile app revenue 2021, by category
- Worldwide mobile app revenues in 2014 to 2023 (in billion U.S. dollars)Total global mobile app revenues 2014-2023
- Number of mobile app downloads worldwide from 2014 to 2023, by region (in billions)Annual number of global mobile app downloads 2014-2023, by region
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in May 2019, by share of available appsMost popular Apple App Store categories 2019
- Number of newly developed applications/games submitted for release to the iTunes App Store from 2012 to 2018Number of new apps/games submitted to the iTunes store per month 2012-2018
- Leading states in IT application/software spending in the United States in 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)Leading states by application spending in U.S. 2016
- Research and development investments from the software to state economies in the United States in 2016, by key state (in million U.S. dollars)*State economy benefit from software R&D investment in the U.S. 2016, by key state
- Testing tools used in software development worldwide in 2017Software development testing tools used worldwide 2017
- Programming/development tools used by software developers worldwide as of 2018Tools regularly used for software development worldwide 2018
- Programming languages used by software developers worldwide as of 2018, by deployment typeProgramming languages used for software development worldwide 2018
- Extent of DevOps adoption by software developers worldwide in 2017 and 2018DevOps adoption among software developers globally 2017-2018
- Frequency of software build deployment worldwide, in 2018, current vs desiredTypical and desired software build deployment frequencies worldwide 2018
- PC operating system distribution for software development worldwide, as of 2018Software development operating system distribution globally 2018
- Types of browsers used in web application testing worldwide from 2015 to 2018Types of browsers used for web application testing globally 2015-2018
- Adoption of agile development and continuous integration (CI) in software development worldwide from 2015 to 2018Use of agile development and continuous integration by software devs globally 2015-18
- Platforms used to run connected devices in software projects, as of 2017Rank of platforms for IoT projects worldwide 2017
- Developers' plans for creating connected devices/Internet of Things software worldwide, as of 2016 (in millions)Global developer plans around connected devices/IoT software worldwide 2016
- Share of developers currently creating software for connected devices or the Internet of Things worldwide, as of 2016, by developer segmentDevelopers creating connected devices/IoT software by segment worldwide 2016
- Share of software developers currently creating connected devices/Internet of Things software, as of 2016, by regionShare of developers creating connected devices/IoT software 2016, by region
- Distribution of cloud services used in implementing Internet-of-Things (IoT) development, as of 2016, overall vs deployedTop cloud services used for Internet of Things projects 2016, overall vs deployed
- Distribution of cloud services used in implementing Internet-of-Things (IoT) development, as of 2016Top cloud services used for Internet of Things projects 2016
- Usage of cloud configuration tools worldwide in 2018Cloud configuration tools usage 2018
- Usage of cloud configuration tools worldwide in 2019, current and plannedCurrent and planned cloud computing configuration tools usage 2019
- Enterprise usage of cloud configuration tools worldwide in 2019, current and plannedPlanned cloud computing configuration tools usage among enterprises 2019
- Usage of cloud configuration tools in small and medium-sized businesses worldwide in 2019, current and plannedCurrent and planned cloud computing configuration tools usage among SMBs 2019
- Level of cloud-based test environment adoption for IT quality assurance and security testing from 2015 to 2017*Cloud-based test environment use for IT QA and security testing worldwide 2015-2017
- OpenStack global market revenues from 2014 and 2021 (in billion U.S. dollars)OpenStack forecast market size worldwide 2014-2021
- OpenStack global public cloud market revenues from 2016 to 2021 (in million U.S. dollars)OpenStack public cloud market size worldwide 2016-2021
- What container and PaaS tools are used to manage applications on OpenStack deployments?Container and PaaS tools used with OpenStack worldwide 2018, by purpose
- Leading business drivers of OpenStack adoption worldwide as of 2018Drivers of OpenStack business adoption worldwide 2018
- What tools are used to deploy and/or configure OpenStack clusters?Tools for deploying/configuring OpenStack clusters worldwide 2017, by purpose
- Most frequently used container technologies worldwide as of March 2017Container technology use among organizations worldwide 2017
- Use cases in which IT containers are employed worldwide in 2018 and 2019IT Container use cases in organizations worldwide 2018-2019
- Platforms for IT container deployment in enterprise worldwide as of 2018IT container deployment platforms in organizations worldwide 2018
- Most-used mobile app monetization models according to mobile developers worldwide in 2017Most-used mobile app monetization models of developers 2017
- Most popular installed software development kits (SDKs) categories across global mobile apps in 2017Leading mobile app SDK categories worldwide 2017
- Greatest challenges in testing mobile and multi-channel (mobile, social, and traditional) applications from 2013 to 2018Mobile and multi-channel application testing challenges 2013-2018
- Focus areas for testing mobile applications from 2013 to 2017Mobile application testing focus areas 2013-2017
- Number of apps installed by mobile users in the United States as of 3rd quarter 2019Number of apps installed by U.S. mobile users 2019
- Median cost of mobile application development in the United States and Canada as of 2017, by platform (in U.S. dollars per hour)US/Canada mobile app development costs by platform 2017
- Mobile application user retention rate worldwide from 2012 to 2019Mobile apps: user retention rate 2012-2019
- Percentage of mobile apps that have been used only once from 2010 to 2019Mobile apps: abandonment rate 2012-2019
- Percentage of game developers working on game projects for selected platforms worldwide in 2019Game developers working on projects for selected platforms worldwide 2019
- Percentage of game developers working on selected game genres worldwide as of March 2017, by type of employmentGame developers working on selected genres worldwide 2017, by employment type
- Employment status among game developers worldwide from 2015 to 2017Game developer employment status worldwide 2015-2017
- Distribution of game developers worldwide from 2014 to 2017, by genderGame developer distribution worldwide 2014-2017, by gender
- Distribution of game developers worldwide as of March 2017, by regionGame developer distribution worldwide 2017, by region
- Distribution of game developers worldwide as of March 2017, by age groupGame developer distribution worldwide 2017, by age
- Most popular advertising software development kits (SDKs) used by Android gaming and non-gaming apps in 1st half 2017, by share of voiceTop advertising SDKs used by Android gaming and non-gaming apps 2017
InMobi. (February 8, 2016). Average monthly revenue per app according to global app developers as of November 2015, by OS (in 1,000 U.S. dollars) [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved October 22, 2019, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/515157/developer-mobile-app-average-revenue-by-os/
InMobi. "Average monthly revenue per app according to global app developers as of November 2015, by OS (in 1,000 U.S. dollars)." Chart. February 8, 2016. Statista. Accessed October 22, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/515157/developer-mobile-app-average-revenue-by-os/
InMobi. (2016). Average monthly revenue per app according to global app developers as of November 2015, by OS (in 1,000 U.S. dollars). Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: October 22, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/515157/developer-mobile-app-average-revenue-by-os/
InMobi. "Average Monthly Revenue per App According to Global App Developers as of November 2015, by Os (in 1,000 U.S. Dollars)." Statista, Statista Inc., 8 Feb 2016, https://www.statista.com/statistics/515157/developer-mobile-app-average-revenue-by-os/
InMobi, Average monthly revenue per app according to global app developers as of November 2015, by OS (in 1,000 U.S. dollars) Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/515157/developer-mobile-app-average-revenue-by-os/ (last visited October 22, 2019)