U.S. Facebook Marketing - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Facebook Marketing in the U.S.
Facebook is the largest social network site in the world based on global reach and active users. Over 190 million Facebook users are located in the U.S. alone – only India has more Facebook users than the U.S. A large share of social media users are turning to social media for brand research and for information about product and services, creating several advertising opportunities for global marketers in these platforms, particularly on Facebook.
In the U.S., social media marketing spending is forecast grow in the coming years and, given its position as market leader, Facebook is at a favorable and promising position. Facebook is already considered the most important social media platform for marketers and the most used by them. In 2016, about 93 percent of marketers reported using Facebook to market their business, ahead of Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Facebook is particularly popular among business-to-consumer (B2C) businesses other than (business-to-business) B2B companies, as about 89 percent of B2C marketers in North America stated using the platform in comparison to 76 percent of B2B marketers. Despite Facebook’s ubiquity, 35 percent of marketers remain uncertain of the effectiveness of their Facebook marketing, while only 36 percent believe their Facebook marketing approach is effective.
The popularity of Facebook among marketers and consumers is translated into advertising revenue for the company. Advertising in fact accounted for 95 percent of Facebook’s total revenue in 2015. That year, the company amounted about 17 billion U.S. dollars in revenues worldwide. In terms of platforms, mobile is already of the main advertising streams for Facebook and shows healthy projections, as their global mobile advertising revenue is expected to nearly double between 2017 and 2021. Considering the vast number of Facebook users in the U.S., the country is an important advertising market for Facebook. In 2015, nearly half of Facebook’s total revenue was generated in the U.S. By 2018, Facebook’s advertising revenue in the U.S. is forecast to reach nearly 19 billion U.S. dollars. The company has the largest net digital ad revenue in U.S. as well, and is forecast to maintain this leadership in the coming years.
Photo: istockphoto.com / advettr
|Corporate & Advertising Use||Values||Statistic|
|Social media marketing expenditure in the U.S.||$7.52bn||Details →|
|Facebook is most likely to be used for marketing campaigns||96%||Details →|
|Facebook ad adoption by U.S. businesses||62%||Details →|
|Average Facebook fan value in the U.S.||$174.17||Details →|
|Average number of Facebook likes per user in the U.S.||70||Details →|
|Facebook's quarterly ARPU worldwide||$4.83||Details →|
|Facebook's quarterly ARPU in the U.S. and Canada||$19.81||Details →|
|Facebook's share of U.S. social network advertising revenue||71.1%||Details →|
|Forecast of Facebook's worldwide mobile advertising revenue in 2018||$34.36bn||Details →|
- Effectiveness of Facebook marketing worldwide 2016+Effectiveness of Facebook marketing worldwide 2016
Do you agree with the statement: "My Facebook marketing is effective"?
- Social media platforms used by marketers worldwide 2016+Social media platforms used by marketers worldwide 2016
Which social media platform(s) do you use to market your business?
- Use of Facebook as a marketing channel in the U.S. 2013-2016+Use of Facebook as a marketing channel in the U.S. 2013-2016
Facebook marketing usage rate in the United States from 2013 to 2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016Popularity of marketing channels in the U.S. 2016
- Instagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile sizeInstagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile size
- Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015
- Most popular brands on Instagram 2017, by followersMost popular brands on Instagram 2017, by followers