A new survey from the Pew Research Center shows over 75 percent of U.S. adults have participated and submitted a census form this year. Of the other 25 percent, 14 percent said they haven’t and 10 percent said they’re unsure.
An age discrepancy emerged between those that have filled out the census, with younger adults much less likely to have submitted a form compared to older adults. While 80 percent of those aged 50 to 64 and 89 percent of those over the age of 65 said they’ve completed the census, just 56 percent of those aged 18 to 29 said the same, with 24 percent unsure of whether they have or haven’t.
According to Pew, of those that haven’t filled out the survey, 40 percent said they’d be unwilling to talk to a census worker if they knocked on their door. Another 31 percent said they believed the census wouldn’t be successful in accurately counting the number of people in the U.S. – an increase of 7 points from a similar Pew survey in February.