The 20 Most Violent Cities Worldwide
Out of the world's 50 most violent cities, 41 are in Latin America including 21 in Brazil. The Mexico Citizens Council for Public Security releases its findings on the homicide rate in cities with populations over 300,000 every year. This infographic shows the world's top 20 cities, with Caracas, Venezuela, in first place with 119.87 homicides per 100,000 residents in 2015.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras (111.03 homicides per 100,000) came second with San Salvador, El Salvador (108.54 homicides per 100,000) rounding off the top three. The majority of the violence in Latin America can be attributed to drug trafficking, gang warfare and political instability.
- Pay TV penetration in Latin America from 2005 to 2016Pay TV penetration in Latin America from 2005 to 2016
- Leading financial centers in Latin America and Caribbean 2016 Leading financial centers in Latin America and Caribbean 2016
- Latin America: mobile data traffic 2015-2020Latin America: mobile data traffic 2015-2020
- Leading gaming markets worldwide 2016, by revenueLeading gaming markets worldwide 2016, by revenue
- Filmed entertainment revenue worldwide 2015, by countryFilmed entertainment revenue worldwide 2015, by country
- World pharmaceutical market: changes in revenue by region 2013-2015World pharmaceutical market: changes in revenue by region 2013-2015
- Regional pharmaceutical market revenue worldwide 2015Regional pharmaceutical market revenue worldwide 2015
- Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl