The Financial Race Towards the Presidency
The race for the White House is always a race for funds. Monday’s Iowa caucus sheds a spotlight on the correlation of money in the coffers and success at the polls.
While he didn’t come out on top in the Iowa Caucus, Donald Trump surely has proven he knows how to make the biggest bang for the buck. The business mogul isn’t even in the top ten of the best funded candidates (of both parties) but still made second place of the Republican candidates in Iowa.
The Republican winner is Ted Cruz, who is the second best funded in the GOP camp. Jeb Bush on the contrary, while being the best funded Republican candidate (second overall after Democrat Hillary Clinton) only made sixth place for the Republicans in the Iowa caucus.
While Cruz has a comfortable lead over Trump in the caucus in the Republican camp, Democratic hopeful Clinton has the most money of all candidates, democratic and overall. She virtually tied with second best funded Democrat Bernie Sanders in the caucus, who’s only in fifth place of the best funded overall.
- Latest polls on Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general electionLatest polls on Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election
- U.S. public opinion on Clinton or Trump as President in 2017, by political ideologyU.S. public opinion on Clinton or Trump as President in 2017, by political ideology
- Favorability of Donald Trump November 2016Favorability of Donald Trump November 2016
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Trust in advertising in the U.S. 2014-2017Trust in advertising in the U.S. 2014-2017
- Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022
- Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) as household income share 2022Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) as household income share 2022
- Weekend box office revenue - March 2017Weekend box office revenue - March 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl