The Financial Race Towards the Presidency
The race for the White House is always a race for funds. Monday’s Iowa caucus sheds a spotlight on the correlation of money in the coffers and success at the polls.
While he didn’t come out on top in the Iowa Caucus, Donald Trump surely has proven he knows how to make the biggest bang for the buck. The business mogul isn’t even in the top ten of the best funded candidates (of both parties) but still made second place of the Republican candidates in Iowa.
The Republican winner is Ted Cruz, who is the second best funded in the GOP camp. Jeb Bush on the contrary, while being the best funded Republican candidate (second overall after Democrat Hillary Clinton) only made sixth place for the Republicans in the Iowa caucus.
While Cruz has a comfortable lead over Trump in the caucus in the Republican camp, Democratic hopeful Clinton has the most money of all candidates, democratic and overall. She virtually tied with second best funded Democrat Bernie Sanders in the caucus, who’s only in fifth place of the best funded overall.
- Latest polls on Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general electionLatest polls on Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election
- Donald Trump in one word 2015Donald Trump in one word 2015
- Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016
- Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016
- Number of Pokémon GO daily users in the U.S. 2016Number of Pokémon GO daily users in the U.S. 2016
- Weekend box office revenue - August 19 to 21, 2016Weekend box office revenue - August 19 to 21, 2016
- Worldwide weekend box office revenue - August 19 to 21, 2016Worldwide weekend box office revenue - August 19 to 21, 2016
- Rio 2016: daily viewership figuresRio 2016: daily viewership figures
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens