Harvard Raised Over $1 Billion In Donations In 2016
In 2016, U.S. college donations reached a record $41 billion. Those donations included gifts such as art, stocks and property, as well as cash. According to the the Council for Aid to Education’s annual Voluntary Support of Education survey, fundraising increased 1.7 percent in 2016, a relatively minor increase compared to previous years. In fact, when inflation is taken into account, that gain is practically eliminated.
Harvard University came first in the fundraising stakes, bringing in $1.19 billion. Stanford came second with $951 million while the University of Southern California rounded off the top three with $666.64 million. Less than 1 percent of U.S. colleges brought in 27.1 percent of all donations last year. Corporations and foundations accounted for 46.5 percent of all donations in dollar terms.
- UK General Election 2015: donations to political parties Q4 2015, by partyUK General Election 2015: donations to political parties Q4 2015, by party
- Total donations to political parties in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2015-Q2 2016Total donations to political parties in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2015-Q2 2016
- U.S. consumer expenditure on charitable donations 2012, by categoryU.S. consumer expenditure on charitable donations 2012, by category
- Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017
- Foodbanks: emergency food needed United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2015Foodbanks: emergency food needed United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2015
- Funding for research and development on HIV/AIDS 2007-2015 by areaFunding for research and development on HIV/AIDS 2007-2015 by area
- Top funders for global HIV/AIDS research and development 2015Top funders for global HIV/AIDS research and development 2015
- Distribution of top public funders for R&D on neglected diseases 2015Distribution of top public funders for R&D on neglected diseases 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl