U.S. Canada Border
Huge Increase In Americans Denied Entry To Canada
According to a report in Montreal newspaper La Presse, the number of Americans being denied entry to Canada is growing rapidly. In 2016, 31 percent more U.S. citizens were turned away than in the previous year. 30,233 American travelers were sent back from the border in 2016 compared to 23,052 in 2015. Back in 2014, the number was just 7,509.
Increased sharing of criminal records and other data between U.S. and Canadian authorities is one likely reason for the increase, according to an immigration lawyer quoted by La Presse. The number of Canadians being denied entry to the U.S. has remained relatively steady at 28,584 in 2016. In 2015, 27,311 Canadians were turned back and in 2014, the number was 28,875.
- Total population in Canada 2020Total population in Canada 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Canada 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Canada 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Canada 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Canada 2020
- Globalization Index - top 100 countries 2017Globalization Index - top 100 countries 2017
- Weekend box office revenue - April 2017Weekend box office revenue - April 2017
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017
- Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of gasoline price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl