North Korea Has Conducted Its Fourth Nuclear Test
On Wednesday, North Korea said it had successfully tested a hydrogen bomb. Experts are still skeptical about whether the test actually took place, with seismic activity in the region not large enough to prove a thermonuclear blast occurred. Still, North Korea's announcement of its fourth nuclear test prompted the United Nations' Security Council into an emergency session on Wednesday where it was condemned as a clear threat to international peace and security.
North Korea's Taepodong-2 missile is thought to have a range of 6,000 kilometres which would put Alaska in range of a potential hydrogen bomb, even though experts do not believe the country has developed a nuclear warhead small enough to fit on a missile. Since 1945, the United States carried out 1,032 nuclear tests, followed by the USSR/Russia's 715.
- Trust in British political parties in handling nuclear weapons system 'Trident' 2015Trust in British political parties in handling nuclear weapons system 'Trident' 2015
- Attitudes to Britain’s nuclear weapons 2013 Great Britain surveyAttitudes to Britain’s nuclear weapons 2013 Great Britain survey
- Global opinion on Iran and the acquisition of nuclear weapons, 2012Global opinion on Iran and the acquisition of nuclear weapons, 2012
- Countries with the highest military spending in 2015Countries with the highest military spending in 2015
- Major countries in worldwide graphite production 2010-2015Major countries in worldwide graphite production 2010-2015
- Countries with the largest number of people in modern slavery 2016Countries with the largest number of people in modern slavery 2016
- Distribution of nickel consumption worldwide by country 2014Distribution of nickel consumption worldwide by country 2014
- Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens