eBay - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about eBay
Founded in 1995, eBay is a multinational e-commerce company that provides C2C online sales services. eBay’s core business is its auction platform and shopping website through which people and businesses can buy and sell a large variety of products and services worldwide. The company’s operations also include Buy It Now shopping services as well as online classified advertisements, online event ticket trading via StubHub.com. eBay also consistently ranks as one of the biggest U.S. online companies based on market cap, which was over 31 billion U.S. dollars as of December 2016.
In 2016, the company’s revenue amounted to 8.99 billion U.S. dollars with the majority of it being generated through marketplaces transactions, followed by online ticket sales via StubHub and marketing services and other revenues. That year, the platform also reported a net income of 7.3 billion U.S. dollars, the highest net income in the history of the company. The United States account for the bulk of revenues, other significant markets are the United Kingdom and Germany.
As of the first quarter of 2017, eBay lists more than 169 million active buyers across its various properties. eBay is also one of the most-visited shopping platforms in the United States, surpassing 107 million monthly visits as of July 2016. eBay's mobile presence also ranks as one of the most popular mobile shopping apps in the United States with a mobile audience reach of 14 percent as of February 2017. According to annual industry survey data, eBay has also ranks high in terms of customer satisfaction with an 81 in the most recent ACSI results. In 2015, Until September 2014, eBay was also parent company to PayPal before before the digital payment provider was spun off into an independent company. The split was completed in July 2015.
|eBay's annual net revenue in 2016||8.99bn USD||Details →|
|eBay's net revenue in the U.S. in 2016||3.5bn USD||Details →|
|eBay's annual marketplace revenue in 2016||6.4bn USD||Details →|
|eBay's annual Marketplace GMV in 2016||79.4bn USD||Details →|
|eBay's biggest revenue segment in 2016||Marketplace transactions||Details →|
- ACSI - U.S. customer satisfaction with eBay as of 2016+ACSI - U.S. customer satisfaction with eBay as of 2016
U.S. customer satisfaction with eBay Inc. from 2000 to 2016 (index score)
- eBay: annual net revenue in the United States 2013-2016+eBay: annual net revenue in the United States 2013-2016
eBay's annual net revenue in the United States from 2013 to 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)
- eBay: number of users worldwide 2010-2017+eBay: number of users worldwide 2010-2017
Number of eBay's active users from 1st quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2017 (in millions)
- eBay: gross merchandise volume as of 1st quarter 2017eBay: gross merchandise volume as of 1st quarter 2017
eBay's gross merchandise volume (GMV) from 2nd quarter 2014 to 1st quarter 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- eBay: quarterly net revenue 2014-2017eBay: quarterly net revenue 2014-2017
eBay's revenue from 1st quarter 2014 to 1st quarter 2017 (in million U.S. dollars)
- eBay: quarterly classifieds revenue 2014-2017eBay: quarterly classifieds revenue 2014-2017
eBay's classifieds revenue from 4th quarter 2014 to 1st quarter 2017 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Leading iPhone shopping apps in the U.S. 2017, by downloads+Leading iPhone shopping apps in the U.S. 2017, by downloads
Leading shopping app titles in the Apple App Store in the United States in February 2017, by number of downloads
- U.S. consumer awareness of leading tech and internet brands 2017+U.S. consumer awareness of leading tech and internet brands 2017
Which of the following tech and internet companies and brands do you know, if only by name?
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2017Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2017
- Ranking of the largest web shops in Sweden in 2017, by revenueRanking of the largest web shops in Sweden in 2017, by revenue
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015
- U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015
- Online consumer expenditure in the Netherlands 2005-2016Online consumer expenditure in the Netherlands 2005-2016