Facebook Could Be Bigger Than China by Next Year
Facebook has come a long way since it was built in a Harvard dorm room in 2004. By the end of 2013, THE social network had reached 1.23 billion monthly active users worldwide. 1.23 billion people use Facebook at least once a month, that's roughly equivalent to the population of India, no less than the second most populous country in the world. Moreover, by next year there could be more Facebook users than Chinese people!
Please note that this is nothing more than a playful comparison to illustrate Facebook's incredible reach in the world. We are fully aware that this is not a scientific comparison, and it's not meant to be.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens