The Biggest Google Search Advertisers in the U.S.
As anyone who has ever worked in a web-based business can confirm, having a good ranking in search results is of critical importance to the success of most online businesses. And, since Google is the most-used search engine by a ridiculously huge margin, you need to show up in Google search results in order to be noticed on the web.
There are two ways to achieve that: you can put a lot of effort (and money) into building your website's strength organically, slowly creeping up the rankings withing Google's results, or you can simply pay Google to have your content show up on top of regular search results. Search advertising is Google's primary source of revenue and it's a billion dollar business.
According to a ranking published by Ad Age based on AdGooroo data, Amazon alone spent almost $158 million on Google search advertising in the U.S. in 2013, making the online retailer the biggest spender on Google search ads by far. That's why Amazon keeps popping up in your search results and that's one aspect of Amazon's aggressive growth strategy. Other companies in the Top 10 include travel portals Priceline and Expedia as well as retail giants Walmart and Sears.
- Google's share of paid search ad spend in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015Google's share of paid search ad spend in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015
- Paid search spend growth of Google in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015Paid search spend growth of Google in Europe Q4 2014-Q4 2015
- Search advertising revenue share of leading search sites in the U.S. from 2011 to 2015Search advertising revenue share of leading search sites in the U.S. from 2011 to 2015
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015
- Value of the leading retail brands worldwide 2017Value of the leading retail brands worldwide 2017
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl