More of the Same From Amazon
Amazon delivered more of the same in yesterday’s earnings presentation as the company continues to favor growth over profits. For years now, Amazon’s founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has made a point of sacrificing short-term profits in favor of investments aimed at long-term success, as our chart nicely illustrates.
One of these long-term investments is now bearing fruit, as the company revealed in yesterday’s earnings report: Amazon Web Services, the company’s quickly growing cloud storage division, generated $1.57 billion in revenue between January and March and is on track to generate $1 billion in profits this year. On a revenue run rate of $6+ billion per year, Amazon’s cloud business is on par, if not bigger than those of industry heavyweights such as IBM and Microsoft.
- Digital Market Outlook: special interest e-commerce revenue change UK 2015-2020Digital Market Outlook: special interest e-commerce revenue change UK 2015-2020
- DMO: special interest e-commerce revenue change in the UK 2015-2020, by segmentDMO: special interest e-commerce revenue change in the UK 2015-2020, by segment
- DMO: consumer electronics & physical media e-commerce revenue change UK 2015-2020DMO: consumer electronics & physical media e-commerce revenue change UK 2015-2020
- Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue - projection 2016-2022Total worldwide prescription drug revenue - projection 2016-2022
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022
- Total worldwide generic prescription drug revenue 2008-2022Total worldwide generic prescription drug revenue 2008-2022
- U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl