Cyber Monday 2013 Was the Biggest Online Spending Day Ever
After a tepid start to the holiday season, e-commerce spending took off on Thanksgiving weekend. While the National Retail Federation reported a 3 percent decline in brick-and-mortar sales over the long weekend, e-commerce sales jumped 22 percent from last year's Thanksgiving according to analytics firm comScore.
While Black Friday marked the first day with e-commerce sales above $1 billion this year, Cyber Monday once again saw the heaviest online spending: Americans spent $1.74 billion this Monday, making it the biggest day ever for U.S. online retailers. Online retailers typically lure consumers with heavy discounts on Cyber Monday, making the day particularly interesting for big-ticket items such as consumer electronics.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday online revenue in the Netherlands 2016, by dayBlack Friday and Cyber Monday online revenue in the Netherlands 2016, by day
- Quarterly U.S. desktop retail e-commerce spending 2007-2016Quarterly U.S. desktop retail e-commerce spending 2007-2016
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2000-2013
- Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016
- Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016Sinterklaas extra online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2014-2016
- Value of the leading retail brands worldwide 2016Value of the leading retail brands worldwide 2016
- Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China October 2016Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China October 2016
- Retail sales of apparel and footwear in China by month October 2016Retail sales of apparel and footwear in China by month October 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl