Pandora Is The Most Popular Audio Streaming Service
Internet radio company Pandora is set to launch its full on demand music streaming service tomorrow. Known as Pandora Premium, it will let people choose from millions of songs for $10 a month. It's set to join a crowded music streaming market dominated by Spotify and Apple music. Surely its arrival at the streaming party is too late? Pandora does have one advantage that might help it gain ground on its music streaming rivals, however. It's been around for 17 years as an audio streaming platform and it's very well known.
According to a report from Edison Research, Pandora is the most-listened to audio streaming service in the United States by a healthy margin. The report found that 32 percent of Americans listened to Pandora in the past month compared to 18 percent for Spotify and 14 percent for iHeartRadio. Apple Music is even less popular with only 8 percent of people in the U.S. listening to the service over the past month. Pandora has 80 million subscribers to its free radio-orientated service but Spotify already has 50 million paying subscribers. Pandora has a lot of work on its hands to tempt users over to it's new premium service.
- Age profile of audio streaming service users in Great Britain (UK) 2014Age profile of audio streaming service users in Great Britain (UK) 2014
- Gender profile of free audio streaming service users in Great Britain 2013-2014Gender profile of free audio streaming service users in Great Britain 2013-2014
- Global usage of paid audio streaming services 2016, by countryGlobal usage of paid audio streaming services 2016, by country
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Leading radio markets worldwide 2013, by revenueLeading radio markets worldwide 2013, by revenue
- Digital music revenue in the U.S. from 2008 to 2016, by typeDigital music revenue in the U.S. from 2008 to 2016, by type
- Leading mobile apps in the United States 2016, ranked by unique visitorsLeading mobile apps in the United States 2016, ranked by unique visitors
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl