LinkedIn's Impressive Revenue Growth
2012 was a great year for LinkedIn. Backed by great results, the company avoided the turbulences that Facebook’s IPO disaster inflicted on many other internet companies. Analysts and investors appear to have little doubt about the future viability of LinkedIn’s business. Unlike many other internet companies, LinkedIn has no trouble converting its user growth into dollars. While others struggle to generate one decent revenue stream, LinkedIn has three ways of monetizing its service. In the fourth quarter of 2012, the company earned money from recruitment services, marketing solutions (mainly advertising) and subscriptions, accounting for 53, 27 and 20 percent of total revenue, respectively.
With net earnings of $11.5 million on total revenue of $304 million, LinkedIn reported another impressive quarter on February 8, putting the company on track to surpass $1 billion in revenue in 2013. By the end of 2012, LinkedIn had 202 million users, making it one of the largest social networking platforms behind Facebook and Twitter.
- Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022
- Number of U.S. social network users 2015, by ageNumber of U.S. social network users 2015, by age
- Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017
- Number of stores of the IKEA Group worldwide 2016, by regionNumber of stores of the IKEA Group worldwide 2016, by region
- Annual revenue of IKEA worldwide 2001-2016Annual revenue of IKEA worldwide 2001-2016
- Revenue and financial key figures of Coca-Cola 2009-2016Revenue and financial key figures of Coca-Cola 2009-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl