75% Of Mobile Apps Want Access To User Data
In 59% of the cases the respective app publisher failed to inform the user about the app's data collection pre-installation, and nearly one third of the sampled apps sought permission to access information that the researchers felt was irrelevant to the apps' functionality. In the end, no more than a sobering 15% of the examined apps were found to be sufficiently transparent about what information they would gather and how it would be used.
- Most used mobile apps in France as of March 2015Most used mobile apps in France as of March 2015
- Frequency of online privacy concerns in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by activityFrequency of online privacy concerns in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by activity
- Leading mobile apps in the United States 2015, ranked by unique visitorsLeading mobile apps in the United States 2015, ranked by unique visitors
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Number of global social network users 2010-2019Number of global social network users 2010-2019
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2016Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens