Is Twitter an Acquisition Target?
The past few months haven’t exactly been easy for Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey. Ever since he took back the reigns at the company he co-founded in 2006, he has had to let more than 300 employees go, see several top executives leave and witness his company’s stock price crumble to new lows.
Since the day Dorsey was named permanent CEO of the social media company in October 2015, Twitter’s stock price dropped by 40 percent, shaving more than $6.5 billion off the company’s valuation. Twitter’s market cap currently stands at $11.5 billion, down from almost $40 billion at its peak in December 2013.
Twitter’s low valuation has made the company a subject of acquisition rumors. After the News Corporation had dismissed takeover rumors earlier this year, another rumor surrounding Twitter’s possible acquisition by a group of investors surrounding venture capitalist Marc Andreessen surfaced on Monday. Twitter’s stock price is up almost 10 percent in early trading on Monday, as Wall Street appears to like the idea of tech investor Andreessen getting involved.
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2016Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2016
- Twitter: number of monthly active users 2010-2016Twitter: number of monthly active users 2010-2016
- Number of U.S. Twitter users 2016, by ageNumber of U.S. Twitter users 2016, by age
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl