Amazon Launches Music Unlimited
Amazon Music Challenges $9.99 Pricing Standard
The already competitive music streaming market just got even more crowded. Amazon launched a new subscription service called "Music Unlimited" yesterday, which, as oppossed to it previous, quite limited music offering "Prime Music", puts the company in direct competition to market leader Spotify and its biggest challenger Apple Music.
What really sets Amazon's new service apart in this fairly uniform market where the choice of one service over the other is mostly based on personal taste, is its pricing model. Amazon is the first major player to challenge the current industry standard price of $9.99, by offering a $7.99 option to its Prime members and a $3.99 option to users willing to limit their use to one of the company's Echo speakers.
- Subscription music streaming: retail value of sales in the United Kingdom 2009-2015Subscription music streaming: retail value of sales in the United Kingdom 2009-2015
- Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015
- Music streaming revenue in France 2008-2014Music streaming revenue in France 2008-2014
- Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl