10 Years Of The iPhone
“Well, today, we’re introducing three revolutionary products of this class. The first one: is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. The second: is a revolutionary mobile phone. And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device.” Those were Steve Jobs words when he revealed the first ever iPhone at the MacWorld conference on January 9th 2007.
Of course, Jobs wasn’t referring to three different products, but to the iPhone which combined all three functionalities. Few expected the impact this product would have on society: the iPhone introduced smartphones to the masses. In fact, Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer was convinced that the Apple smartphone wouldn’t sell as well as it did.
- Apple iPhone models by original MSRP and current market value 2016Apple iPhone models by original MSRP and current market value 2016
- Market share of Apple iPhone in Great Britain from Q1 2011-Q4 2016Market share of Apple iPhone in Great Britain from Q1 2011-Q4 2016
- Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2017Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2017
- iPhone 6/6 plus purchase intent among smartphone users China as of September 2014iPhone 6/6 plus purchase intent among smartphone users China as of September 2014
- Number of people who own an Apple (iPhone) cell phone in the U.S. 2016Number of people who own an Apple (iPhone) cell phone in the U.S. 2016
- Number of smartphone users in Germany 2009-2016Number of smartphone users in Germany 2009-2016
- Forecast of the smartphone user penetration rate in the UK 2014-2021Forecast of the smartphone user penetration rate in the UK 2014-2021
- Leading iOS app reach worldwide 2017Leading iOS app reach worldwide 2017
- Apple's revenue broken down by operating segments 2012-2017, by quarterApple's revenue broken down by operating segments 2012-2017, by quarter
- Apple's revenue broken down by geographical region 2012-2017, by quarterApple's revenue broken down by geographical region 2012-2017, by quarter
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl