Uber Becomes the World's Most Valuable Startup
Uber, the five-year old startup running a popular app matching drivers with consumers, is once again the world's most valuable startup. After the last round of funding, the company is now worth $50 billion. Uber is followed by Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi ($46 billion) and Airbnb ($25.5 billion). The Wall Street Journal currently lists 108 so called "Unicorns", companies valued at $1 billion or more by venture-capital firms. Most of them are U.S. (72) or Asia based. Only nine of them are European.
- Median deal size of investments in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016Median deal size of investments in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016
- Number of active investors in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016Number of active investors in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016
- Quarterly number of investments in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016Quarterly number of investments in Swedish tech startups 2015-2016
- Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016
- Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016
- United States biotech financing data 2012-2015United States biotech financing data 2012-2015
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2008-2018China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2008-2018
- Prominent digital health IPOs in the United States 2015Prominent digital health IPOs in the United States 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl