The iPhone 6s Is off to a Flying Start
Three days after the official launch of the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus last Friday, Apple announced that the new models have set yet another launch record. With more than 13 million units sold in three days, the new models beat last year's record when 10 million units of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus had been sold.
It needs to be noted though, that this year's iPhone launch included China, whereas the iPhone 6 and 6s did not become available in China until one month after the initial rollout. Considering this, it'll be interesting to see whether Apple can top this year's total when the iPhone 7 rolls around next year. Maybe because of this sidebar, Apple's shareholders weren't particularly impressed by the good news. Apple's stock price declined by 1 and 3 percent on Monday and Tuesday, respectively.
Note: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that this year's iPhone rollout was the first to include China from the first day. While the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were not available in China at launch date, the iPhone 5s and 5c were when they launched in 2013.
- Apple iPhone sales worldwide 2007-2015Apple iPhone sales worldwide 2007-2015
- Apple iPhone - U.S. sales by quarter 2007-2012Apple iPhone - U.S. sales by quarter 2007-2012
- iPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2016, by quarteriPhone revenue as share of Apple's total revenue 2009-2016, by quarter
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Sales market share of iPhones in Germany January 2012-July 2015Sales market share of iPhones in Germany January 2012-July 2015
- Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2016Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2016
- Apple's revenue broken down by operating segments 2012-2016, by quarterApple's revenue broken down by operating segments 2012-2016, by quarter
- Apple's revenue broken down by geographical region 2012-2016, by quarterApple's revenue broken down by geographical region 2012-2016, by quarter
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens