Digital Cameras Are Getting Ditched For Smartphones
When it comes to photography, the smartphone is starting to reign supreme. Sure, the integrated camera cannot compare to a DSLR but it has definitely improved enough over the past five years or so to give ordinary digital cameras a run for their money. According to a Shutterfly report conducted by Edelman, 81 percent of photo takers in the United States used a smartphone in August 2014. 55 percent said they used a digital camera, 25 percent used a tablet while 24 percent used a DSLR.
One of the primary reasons for the smartphone's dominance is the fact that we usually take them everywhere, as opposed to the bulkier and more complicated cameras we save for trips and holidays. Sharing photos over social media and instant messaging services is a piece of cake, making the smartphone even more attractive.
- Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015
- Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015, by ageMost likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015, by age
- Smartphone users worldwide 2014-2020Smartphone users worldwide 2014-2020
- Smartphone sales value in the United States 2005-2017Smartphone sales value in the United States 2005-2017
- U.S. consumer electronics industry retail revenue 2012-2017U.S. consumer electronics industry retail revenue 2012-2017
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2020Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl