Digital Cameras Are Getting Ditched For Smartphones
When it comes to photography, the smartphone is starting to reign supreme. Sure, the integrated camera cannot compare to a DSLR but it has definitely improved enough over the past five years or so to give ordinary digital cameras a run for their money. According to a Shutterfly report conducted by Edelman, 81 percent of photo takers in the United States used a smartphone in August 2014. 55 percent said they used a digital camera, 25 percent used a tablet while 24 percent used a DSLR.
One of the primary reasons for the smartphone's dominance is the fact that we usually take them everywhere, as opposed to the bulkier and more complicated cameras we save for trips and holidays. Sharing photos over social media and instant messaging services is a piece of cake, making the smartphone even more attractive.
- Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015
- Most likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015, by ageMost likely U.S. smartphone photography subjects 2015, by age
- Affluent Americans: share who used photography apps 2015-2016Affluent Americans: share who used photography apps 2015-2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- News reach in the U.S. 2017, by sourceNews reach in the U.S. 2017, by source
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl