Global Child Poverty Rates In Perspective
An OECD report has revealed that Israel, Turkey and Mexico have the highest rates of child poverty (in OECD countries). In these countries, over a quarter of children live in poverty. This is measured as the proportion of children living in households with an equivalised disposable income of less than half of the median income of the total population. Northern Europe has the lowest level of child poverty worldwide with the rate in Denmark 9 times lower than in Israel and Turkey.
- Child poverty rate in the United States 1990-2015Child poverty rate in the United States 1990-2015
- Child poverty in OECD countries 2012Child poverty in OECD countries 2012
- Quarterly value of the services trade between the Netherlands and Israel 2014-2016Quarterly value of the services trade between the Netherlands and Israel 2014-2016
- Top global biotech companies based on market capitalization 2016Top global biotech companies based on market capitalization 2016
- Poverty rate in the United States 1990-2015Poverty rate in the United States 1990-2015
- Median household income in the United States 1990-2015Median household income in the United States 1990-2015
- Big Mac index - global prices for a Big Mac 2016Big Mac index - global prices for a Big Mac 2016
- Countries with the highest life expectancy 2015Countries with the highest life expectancy 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl