The US Cities With The Greenest Commuters
Even though the automobile is king of the American commute, some US cities can still do boast an impressively green travel rate. 68 percent of New Yorkers travel by either bike, walking or the city's transit system, according to research conducted by the League of American Bicyclists. Washington DC and Boston also had high shares of non-drivers - 53.1 and 50.7 percent respectively. Even though some cities are turning their back on the automobile, this is not the case across the rest of the country. 76 percent of Americans travel to work alone by car.
- Largest automobile markets - new car registrations December 2016 YTDLargest automobile markets - new car registrations December 2016 YTD
- Largest automobile markets - new car registrations September 2016Largest automobile markets - new car registrations September 2016
- Passenger car sales on the world's most important automobile markets 2011-2018Passenger car sales on the world's most important automobile markets 2011-2018
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2016Ranking of top car manufacturers worldwide - global sales 2016
- U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017
- Vehicle sales in the United States 1976-2016Vehicle sales in the United States 1976-2016
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl