The US Cities With The Greenest Commuters
Even though the automobile is king of the American commute, some US cities can still do boast an impressively green travel rate. 68 percent of New Yorkers travel by either bike, walking or the city's transit system, according to research conducted by the League of American Bicyclists. Washington DC and Boston also had high shares of non-drivers - 53.1 and 50.7 percent respectively. Even though some cities are turning their back on the automobile, this is not the case across the rest of the country. 76 percent of Americans travel to work alone by car.
- Largest automobile markets - new car registrations December 2016 YTDLargest automobile markets - new car registrations December 2016 YTD
- Largest automobile markets - new car registrations September 2016Largest automobile markets - new car registrations September 2016
- Passenger car sales on the world's most important automobile markets 2011-2018Passenger car sales on the world's most important automobile markets 2011-2018
- China: leading automobile manufacturers 2016, by number of cars soldChina: leading automobile manufacturers 2016, by number of cars sold
- Number of locally-manufactured car models and automobile platforms 2010 and 2015Number of locally-manufactured car models and automobile platforms 2010 and 2015
- Motorcycle production in China by month May 2017Motorcycle production in China by month May 2017
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2017Vehicle sales in China 2008-2017
- Automobile sales in China by month May 2017Automobile sales in China by month May 2017
- U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017
- U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2015U.S. manufacturing shipments e-commerce value 2003-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl