War Against ISIS
Cost Of War Against ISIS Reaches $11 Billion
Since the air war against the so-called Islamic State kicked off in August 2014 ,the United States has spent just under $11 billion financing it. According to the most recent Pentagon figures, the bill for the campaign hit $10.99 billion as of December 31, 2016. On a daily basis, the cost of operations against the terrorist group averages $12.5 million. Since 2014, the cost of flying operations has reached $4.4 billion while $2.4 billion of munitions have been expended against ISIS targets.
As of January 27, U.S. and coalition warplanes had flown 136,067 sorties to degrade and destroy the terrorist organization. 17,734 strikes had been carried out by the middle of last week with 10,948 occurring in Iraq and 6,785 happening in Syria. 31,900 targets had been reported damaged or destroyed by late September of last year including 164 tanks, 388 humvees and 8,638 fighting positions. A military official told CNN in early December that as many as 50,000 ISIS fighters are believed to have been killed since military operations began in 2014.
- Support and opposition regarding U.S. ground forces in the fight against ISIS 2014Support and opposition regarding U.S. ground forces in the fight against ISIS 2014
- British public opinion on air strikes against ISIS British public opinion on air strikes against ISIS
- Approval of UK air strikes against ISIS in Iraq and SyriaApproval of UK air strikes against ISIS in Iraq and Syria
- Italy: most striking news of the week 2-9 January 2017Italy: most striking news of the week 2-9 January 2017
- Italy: public opinion on the European war against terrorism 2016Italy: public opinion on the European war against terrorism 2016
- Support for British air strikes in Syria in response to events in Paris 2015Support for British air strikes in Syria in response to events in Paris 2015
- Support for British ground troops getting involved in a ground war against ISIS 2015Support for British ground troops getting involved in a ground war against ISIS 2015
- PayPal: active registered user accounts 2010-2016PayPal: active registered user accounts 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl